Monday, September 7, 2009

Butternut Squash Fries

Since I've been on SCD I have made a lot of 'butternut squash fries'. However, when summer hit it was impossible to find a decent butternut squash. Finding the already frozen and diced squash in a bag has a been a time saver. Now that fall is approaching I am buying it fresh, but now I know what to buy in the summer months when winter squash in unavailable.

Butternut Squash Fries
1 butternut squash (peeled and diced)
olive oil

salt
and pepper

-Lightly oil butternut squash. If using frozen butternut squash, use a little less oil.
-Salt and pepper and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (I use a silicon baking mat).

-Bake @ 400F for 40 min. (Flip fries half way through baking)

Mayo Dip (for fries)
Spoonful of SCD legal mayonnaise

Dash of paprika

Freshly ground black pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment