Sunday, April 25, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe


It's almost strawberry season! These shortcakes are made in muffin cups and are great with strawberries and whipped cream. I got this recipe from Tiana website. Their website has a lot of other great recipe's for coconut flour.

Strawberry Shortcake Recipe

1/2 cup coconut flour
6 tablespoons butter, melted
6 eggs
6 tablespoons honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder

To make 1 tsp of baking powder:
Mix 1/4 tsp. baking soda + 1 tsp lemon juice. You will see bubbling.

Blend together butter, eggs, honey, salt, vanilla and baking powder. Combine coconut flour and whisk into batter until there are no lumps. Pour batter into lined muffin cups. Bake at 400F for 15-20 min. Serve topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Makes ~9 cakes.


Note: I use silicone baking cups, and they are Amazing! I highly suggest investing in some, especially if you cook with coconut and/or almond flour. Nothing sticks to them, and they are reusable :) I got mine at Crate&Barrel.

6 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was just as yummy as I thought it would be! Thanks again!

    http://heal-balance-live.blogspot.com/2010/06/recipe-review-strawberry-shortcake-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    This looks great! I, too, was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2006. I've been on the SCD since January 2007. I am still on steroids, but I hope to start weaning off some of my meds in August of this year. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    Feel free to check out my blog!
    http://www.freetofeast.wordpress.com

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it!

    Denise-- Thanks for posting your blog site!
    I was on steroids for a while, but I had horrible side reactions to them. I just recently got off remicade and so far so good :) I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these this morning, but with creme fraiche and fresh blueberries since we didn't have the other. Yum! The texture is spongey, very similar to the pre-made cakes in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stuff looks yummie yummi yummy!
    I too am on the SCD to treat my colitis, and am sure that my (semi by default SCD wife) will really like this recipe too. Thanks for posting, you have some really tasty looking alternative recipes here. Best of luck with your Crohns, are you off the remicade yet?
    Adam

    ReplyDelete